Collection and Provision of Information, International Cooperation and Dissemination of Outcomes
Collection and Provision of Information on Radioactive WasteO With the purpose of supporting national policy planning and evaluation, RWMC continuously collects and analyzes information on radioactive waste disposal programs, site selection, repository concepts, research and development in foreign countries and provides this information by establishing a broad data base to the Atomic Energy Commission, the Agency for Natural Resources and Energy and other stakeholders.
O For the purpose of supporting safety regulation concerning radioactive waste disposal, we collect and analyze information related to legislation, safety regulation and their background in foreign countries, and provide the outcomes to the Nuclear Regulatory Authority.
1. Cooperation AgreementBased on cooperation agreements with implementing entities and research organizations of various countries, RWMC exchanges information on legal frameworks, safety regulations and standards and statuses of disposal projects, and conducts collaborative research with those international partners.
2. International Collaboration① RWMC conducts collaborative researches and collects up-to-date research information by participating in the following international projects being conducted under the Implementing Geological Disposal of Radioactive Waste Technology Platform (IGD-TP) of the European Atomic Energy Community (EURATOM).
· Carbon-14 Source Term project (CAST)
· Development & Demonstration of monitoring strategies and technologies for geological disposal (MoDeRn 2020)
· Cement-based materials, properties, evolution, barrier functions (Cebama)
② RWMC participates in "the Preservation of Records, Knowledge and Memory(RK&M) across Generations Initiative" by Radioactive Waste Management Committee (RWMC) of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development／ Nuclear Energy Agency (OECD / NEA) and is working collaboratively with international partners on how to preserve RK&M for a long term.
Dissemination of OutcomesO RWMC publishes research outcomes in presentations at academic conferences and scientific papers at academic journals.
O RWMC provides information from our research through periodic newsletters (the RWMC Topics), the Annual Technical Report and its website.
O RWMC provides technical information through the Annual Workshop and lecture meetings.